Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What we had for dinner.....

As I said in my first post I'm going to write here whatever I feel like :) U know why?!? Because I caaaaaaan :))) Right now I am just like a spoiled kid happy that my man enjoyed the meal and that I will probably get something for being such a goooood cooker :) The meal was perfect for dinner:easy to cook and light for the stomach----Chinese chicken with rice. Here u have my recipe (for 2 portions):

300g chicken breast sliced in thin piece
2 little spoons of lemon juice
1 little spoon of sugar
1 little spoon of soja sauce(u can find it in any food shop)
some basilikum,salt and peppermint
2 small spoons of Chinese spice (u have a picture of the package down on the page;)
rice


First of all Put the rice to boil. If u happen to have a rice cooker it s perfect to use it,if not u can put the rice in a pot , add some water and some salt and boil it for 10-12 min.
Meanwhile, u can start to prepare the chicken :)
Take a pan, put a little bit of oil or butter and add the chicken . Let it cook for around 4 min then add the lemon juice, some basilikum and peppermint, salt and if u like the food to be spicy you can add some chilly powder. Let it cook for another 3-4min and use this time to prepare the sauce: in a small bawl put the Chinese condiment,add 150ml of water,the soja sauce and the sugar;mix it then pour it over the meat in the pan. Turn the cooking machine on a lower level and let it cook for another 6-7min,until the sauce turns brownish.
Served with some sliced tomatoes with aceto balsamico, this meal is a delight :)
Enjoy!


PS: U have down here some pictures, so u can get an idea about the cooking result ;) I may not be the Chef in the house but this reaaaally is tasty :P










this is the spice u have to buy from the market :) depending on the country,the name may vary

No comments: